The current scope of operations is the result of a historic development of which key milestones are summarised as follows:
- Creation of Swissquote Singapore Pte. Ltd approved by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Nine additional stock exchanges in the Asia Pacific region made available online to our clients;
- new possibility for clients of transferring cryptocurrencies to and from a private external wallet.
- Acquisition of Internaxx Bank SA in Luxembourg to have unrestricted access to the European market (closing in 2019);
- launch of the multi-currency credit card allowing its holder to execute purchases in twelve currencies.
- First online bank to offer trading on five cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Litecoin and Ripple;
- launch of the first virtual-reality trading application.
- First Swiss bank to launch an Apple TV application.
- Global partnership with Manchester United, one of the most popular football teams in the world.
- Strategic partnership between Swissquote and PostFinance, the main white-label partner as of today.
- Takeover of MIG Bank Ltd, one of the leading forex brokers worldwide;
- Swiss DOTS, a new OTC trading service for the derivative products.
- Swissquote and Basellandschaftliche Kantonalbank offer online mortgages.
- Launch of the “ePrivate Banking” Magazine;
- new digital asset management service with Swissquote’s Robo-Advisor;
- takeover of ACM Advanced Currency Markets Ltd, one of the largest currency traders.
- A new Swissquote forex trading platform goes live;
- Swissquote launches savings accounts.
- Market consolidation in Switzerland (eg. takeover of Consors (Switzerland) Ltd / Skandia Bank Switzerland).
- Online trading of investment funds;
- access to the SIX Swiss Exchange (at the time SWX and Virt-X) and to the US NYSE, Nasdaq and AMEX stock exchanges.
- Swissquote Group Holding Ltd is listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (symbol: SQN);
- Swissquote Bank Ltd is granted a banking licence.
- The Swissquote financial platform is founded. For the first time, private investors can access the real-time prices of all securities traded on the Swiss Stock Exchange for free.